01 April 2009

A Sad, Pitiful Excuse of a Blogger

Wow. I'm disappointed with myself. Here I was, all gung-ho about a blog of my own, and...how long has it been since my first post? Over a month. Pitiful.

I have always been one of those people...I would make the trite new year's resolution to write in a journal every day. I would go to the local stationary store and select a blank book that was just right...usually a pretty, artsy cover and plenty of blank, narrow-ruled pages inside because, come on, I would need enough space to chronicle a whole year of amazingness.

I would run home with my beautiful purchase and start writing. I would manage to keep it up for, say, a week. Then....nothing. Come July or August, I would find the poor discarded journal kicked under my bed or fallen behind my dresser, covered in dust and cobwebs, and feel like a total failure.

I really wanted to include a clip of the "Friends" episode where Monica calls Rachel out on this very thing, but can't seem to find it readily available online, and don't have the fancy-schmancy capabilities on my dinosaur of a laptop to make the clip myself. (If you don't know the clip to which I'm referring, you should be ashamed of yourself. Netflix season 5 and watch "The One with All the Resolutions.")

Today, I say, "NO MORE!" I will not be that person once again. I am turning over a new leaf. I have asked my adoring husband to hold me to this. Remind me, nay, FORCE me to get on here for at least 15 minutes every night before sleepytime, and just write. Write about my day, about something funny/cute/babyish that Itty Bitty Baby did, write about having nothing to write about.

So here goes...wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment